At Word it! Communications Ltd, we specialise in copywriting for a digital world. We believe that your website should generate leads for you as people search for your services online. The world of marketing has changed.
Did you know? Over 70% of buyers have already made their devision before contacting the vendor.
This means that explaining what you do through your website content, blog and digital marketing strategy are incredibly important to winning future business. Our team of expert copywriters will guide you through the process of optimising your site from the perspective of both humans and machines.
We’ve included a selection of frequently asked questions to give you a better idea of what we do:
What does a copywriter do?
As a copywriting agency, we aim to make the lives of small business owners and marketing managers a little bit easier! We create compelling website content, well-researched blog and news articles and we make sure that your customers can find you on Google.
Our copywriting is designed for both humans and machines. We write for humans first, creating content that’s easy to read and well-structured. In a digital age, competition for your readers’ attention is high. We create gripping content that really appeals to your readers, and emphasises what makes your services unique.
We also work to get the attention of machines. Search engines distribute crawler robots that navigate the digital landscape. These crawlers need to know what your website is about so that they can report back to Google. We carry out keyword research to determine exactly what your target market are searching for. We’ll tailor your website content around the terms that are most likely to get you within the top three Google search results. We’ll create a website content strategy that complements your other marketing efforts, to pull people in to your website.
We want to make your business as visible as possible online. Our team of expert copywriters will work with you to ensure that you’re getting your message across to new and potential customers, without you having to lift a finger! Inbound marketing is one of the easiest ways to generate new business, so we help you to create an online presence that allows customers to come to you.
Why use a copywriter?
There are a few reasons why you might want to outsource content writing for your marketing materials. We work with a range of small businesses and we find that the top reasons for hiring a copywritier are as follows:
- Not enough time. When you’re running a small business, time is money (cringe – I know, sorry!). But why would you want to go home and start re-writing your website when you could be spending that time with your family? Our highly-skilled writers can spend as little as one hour with you, discussing your business and what makes your services unique, then create exciting content designed to entice new visitors to your website and build trust with your existing audience.
- Lack of confidence in your writing ability. Of course, you know your industry. You know your customers. But do feel confident creating page after page of original website content? Many people start writing their website content, then through lack of confidence, inspiration and motivation, they struggle to get it finished.
- Fear of search engine optimisation (SEO). The world of SEO can be a bit daunting. There are unlimited websites and blogs that talk you through best practices. But our experts use SEO techniques every day. Our team of professional copywriters have a weekly knowledge-share where we have a quick run-through of the latest algorithms and SEO techniques. It’s not scary. We can talk you through it and help you to understand.
Can I not just write my own website content?
Of course! Some clients come to us for proofreading and copyediting, and we’re more than happy to give you a hand with that! Our professional copywriters are on-hand to correct grammar, spot typos and re-phrase certain expressions to make them easier for your audience to understand and enjoy.
What we tend to see with customers who write their own content, is that they’re “too close” to the subject matter. We find that, because you’re an expert in your field, you also expect your readers to be. We work with a wide variety of clients across many different industry sectors. Our content marketers carry out extensive research; looking at competitors, industry leaders and advisory bodies. We find that we’re able to approach content writing in a way that is more accessible to your audience, simply because we’re not experts in your field.
Can I afford it?
At Word it! Communications Ltd, we pride ourselves on the quality of the content that we produce. Our service doesn’t come cheap. And here’s why:
- Our professional copywriters have years’ of experience in writing. With backgrounds in marketing, copywriting/copyediting, jounalism and proofreading; each member of our team has a different skill set to bring to your website content project.
- We carry out extensive keyword research, competitor anyalysis and auditing of your existing site BEFORE we even start writing. The process is quite complex and we’re as thorough as we can be, so you get the best results once your written content is published.
- When we do sit down to write, each team member focusses on one project at a time. Our expert copywriters find that this works best because it allows us to truely focus on your target market and keep your digital audience at the forefront of our minds.
- You get an agreed number of revisions to your content, so that you can be sure you’re 100% happy with the website copy that we’ve produced.
- At the end of the process, your content will be thoroughly proofread before your website goes live. This is done by somebody else in the Word it! team – because we’re more likely to spot mistakes in eachother’s work than in our own.
Copywriting and outsourcing written website content is something of a luxury, but we can guarantee that you’ll see the value in our work when the traffic to your website increases and you start to see enquiries coming in.
How can I tell if it's working?
This is one of my favourite questions, basically, “Can we measure the return on investment?”
Yep! And what’s best? We’ll do it for you.
Our team are not only professional writers, but analysts too. Our copywriters have a wealth of knowledge surrounding search engine optimisation. Once we’ve implemented your on-page SEO, we’ll monitor performance through Google Analytics, Google Search Console and other online tools.
We can produce regular reports which highlight the number of website visitors reading your blog, which pages are more popular and gather information about the people looking at your site. Are they checking you out on mobile or desktop? Where are they based? What age range? Male or female? There’s a whole world of data out there that we can tap into and translate into an SEO report that’s meaningful to your business.